- Our mission at Riverchase is to make disciples by Sharing the Joy of Christ!
- Christ: Jesus is the son of God, Lord, Savior, Teacher, and Head of us all.
- "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
- Heart: We are called to "love the Lord your God with all your heart and soul and mind" and "love your neighbor as yourself."
- "Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment." - Matthew 22:37-38
- Relationship: The Church is the body of believers gathered for instruction, support, and friendship.
- "And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it." - Matthew 16:18
- Inspiration: We worship together on Sundays, gathered as a body, and worship and pray individually throughout the week.
- "Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks." - John 4:23
- Scripture: We believe all scripture is inspired by God.
- "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." - II Timothy 3:16-17
- Tithes: We are called to give tithes of our time, talent, and finances to serve in the kingdom of God, and for our growth as disciples in Sharing the Joy of Christ in all we do.
- (Time) "As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” At once they left their nets and followed him. Going on from there, he saw two other brothers, James son of Zebedee and his brother John. They were in a boat with their father Zebedee, preparing their nets. Jesus called them, and immediately they left the boat and their father and followed him." - Matthew 4:17-22
- (Talents) "For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many." - 1 Corinthians 12:13-14
- (Finances) "'Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,' says the Lord Almighty, 'and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.'" - Malachi 3:10
To see the full beliefs of the United Methodist Church, click here.